Welcome to Darien Library's Website!
To get the most out of the site, you'll want to create an account. If you have a Darien Library card (or a card from another Connecticut library that you've registered with us), you can add your Library card number to your online account. If you don't have a Library card with us, you can still register for and use the website's new features.
Looking for more technical details?
- Instead of using your 14-digit Library barcode as your username, you can create your own username and password and add your barcode to your account once. You can also create a username without having a Library card at all!
Tags, Ratings, Reviews, Comments
- Once you've signed in, you can join the conversation. You can add tags (words that you think describe the book, movie, or CD) to an item, post reviews for other Library members to read, and comment on posts from Library staff. Your tags, ratings, and reviews will appear on the items in the catalog and you can see them in your account under the "My Library" link in the left side navigation box.
- Don't feel like writing a whole review? Just rate an item by clicking on the stars that appear under the title. You can change your mind and your rating whenever you'd like.
- On this site, tags are separated by spaces and multi-word tags are put in quotes. So green apples are two tags but "green apples" is one tag.
Searching from everywhere
- The search box is ubiquitous on the new site. You can search the Library's catalog for everything, meaning books, movies, and music, or you can search for just books, just movies, or just music. You can also search our website or the web from the box at the top of each page in the new darienlibrary.org.
- Many sections of the new site have RSS feeds (what's that?) associated with them. For a complete list of feeds available from the site, take a look at our site map.
Old Favorites with a New Look
Magazines, Newspapers, and More
- Our new Research page has the articles that Google can't find. Click on a research area in the first column to begin looking for information by topic. New books are listed by subject area in the middle column.
Borrow a Gadget - Cameras, GPS, Laptops etc.