Tuesday, October 14th from 6 to 8 p.m.
Check-in starts at 5:30 p.m.
A business plan is an essential road map for business success, but few small businesses ever complete a plan due to over-complicated approaches that entail too much theory, writing and detail. This workshop will give you pragmatic, straightforward tools for setting goals, developing action plans for achieving them, measuring how you are doing on a ongoing basis and adjusting accordingly.
Participants will learn:
- What is a Business Plan and why should a business owner develop one?
- The "Business Plan Express" method for existing businesses
- How to research the market - your industry, customers and competitors
- How to analyze your own business
- How to define/refine your business niche
- How to set business objectives
- How to create a simple action plan to achieve your objectives
- How to set up monthly tools to monitor your progress against your goals
About the Speaker
David Albright is an active SCORE counselor with extensive experience in the consumer products industry including being President of Pepperidge Farm, Inc., Godiva Chocolatier Worldwide and Glacial Confections, a start-up venture. He currently consults with venture capital firms on the food and confectionery industries. David has a BS degree from Villanova University, an MBA from Indiana University, a Certificate in Financial Planning (CFP) from Boston University, and a Master's in Burgundy from the French Wine Society (FWS).
This workshop is presented by SCORE Fairfield County.
Additional parking for evening and weekend Library programs available on Thorndal Circle (behind Nielsen's).