Consumer Resources and Information from the Library
Other Consumer Resources from the Library
- Newspapers and Magazines(General Reference Center Gold) - Contains 1,200 full-text titles in general interest magazines, business and industry journals, and reference books.
Consumer Resources Online
- Chasing Green - A consumer resource that covers a wide range of topics on how ordinary people can help the environment and promote a green lifestyle.
- Edmunds Car Buying Guide - Get ratings and prices on used and new cars. This site also offers advice on buying, selling and leasing a car.
- Free Credit Reports - A recent amendment to the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide consumer reporting companies to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.
- Official Kelley Blue Book Site - Get the Blue Book values for used cars and motorcycles, preview brand new models coming soon, and get pricing reports for new cars.
- Looks Too Good To Be True - Don't fall victim to the Internet scam artists. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is! Funding for this site has been provided by the United States Postal Inspection Service and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Department of Consumer Protection (CT) - Connecticut's site on consumer issues.
- U.S. Consumer Gateway - The federal government's site on consumer issues. Information can be located by category such as food, health, product safety, and your money.
- Federal 'Do Not Call' Registry - The national list of phone numbers (home and cell) that telemarketers are not allowed to call.
- Consumer World - Get ratings on products and services.