Every Friday, Walk-in and Appointments available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
February 6th through April 10th
IRS-Certified Trained AARP volunteer tax aides are available to local residents of all ages and incomes at no charge. The nation’s largest, free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service is available to all individual filers regardless of income or age. Started in 1968 and, since 1980, this service has operated under a cooperative agreement with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
If married, both husband and wife should be present. Certain forms and personal and financial documents are required. Taxpayers must bring:
- Government Issued Photo ID.
- Social Security or ITIN numbers for all taxpayers and dependents.
- Bank account/routing numbers (blank check preferable), if expecting a refund.
All 2014 income report forms received
- SSA1099 if you were paid Social Security benefits.
- W-2(s) from your employer(s).
- W-2G from gambling winnings.
- 1099G from unemployment compensation payments.
- 1099s: Bank interest, stock dividends, retirement distributions, brokers.
Other Important Documents
- Receipts for deductible expenses including real estate and vehicle taxes paid.
- Verification of the original purchase price of sold assets (home, stocks, etc.).
- Receipts/canceled checks if itemizing deductions (e.g., charity contributions).
- Proof of Health Insurance (Form 1095-A from Health Insurance Marketplace or private plan identification).
Copy of last year’s Federal and State tax return(s), if possible.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 203-669-5236