Wednesday, May 11th at 7 p.m.
When people hear Lyme disease they don’t realize there is a host of tick-borne illnesses encompassed in that one phrase. Why is this important? Because Lyme disease is a growing problem in lower Fairfield County. A panel including Dr. Zijad Sabovic, a leading physician in the field, Miss Mimi Markham, a patient initially diagnosed at the age of 14, and Ms. Jennifer Reid, a prevention educator with the BLAST program, will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss
- How do you diagnose and Lyme and other tick-borne illnesses?
- Where can you find information about treatment options?
- What are the most effective prevention techniques?
- Once diagnosed, what support is available for patients and their families?
- How can we best advocate for those seeking diagnosis?
The Darien Library is proud to cosponsor this event with the YWCA of Darien/Norwalk.