Registration for this program is now closed.
Saturday, May 4 at 11 a.m.
Gather your team and meet us in our Community Room to receive entry forms and instructions for a very mysterious town-wide scavenger hunt. You will receive a set of clues that will lead you on an adventure to obtain a dozen eggs from all over Darien, just like the characters in City of Thieves. The winning team will receive a very special Grand Prize.
Scavenger Hunt Guidelines:
1. Registration for this series is a lottery and is open to all Darien residents, those who work in Darien full-time, and Friends who have donated $300 or more. Team captains are invited to register online from Monday, April 22 to Friday, April 26 with their Library card. Ten teams will then be chosen at random. Notification via email is Monday, April 29. Only team captains are required to register and then they are welcome to choose their own team members.
2. Length of the program will depend on the team, but it is expected to take approximately two hours from start to finish and should be completed on the same day.
3. Scavenger hunt participants will need access to a vehicle. The hunt will lead teams all over the town of Darien.
4. While there is no limit to the number of participants per team, it is best if they can all fit in one car.
5. This is a family-friendly, all-ages event.
6. The team to retrieve all twelve eggs while logging the least mileage on their vehicle will be declared the winner.
This program is part of our One Book, One Community series. The book selected for the town-wide read is City of Thieves by David Benioff, who will be speaking at the Library Thursday, April 25 at 7 p.m. The book selected for young readers is Breaking Stalin's Nose by Eugene Yelchin.
Additional parking for evening and weekend Library programs available on Thorndal Circle (behind Nielsen's).