Resources from the Library
- America's Obituaries and Death Notices (News Bank)- The largest and most comprehensive collection of newspaper obituaries and death notices
- Biography Resource Center - Biographies of well known figures from all fields and countries.
- CultureGrams- Concise and current country and state reports which include maps, statistics, and time lines. Reviews of daily life and culture, including the history, customs, and societies of 181 cultures of the world.
- HeritageQuest- Trace family history and American culture using searchable images of U.S. federal census records along with the UMI Genealogy and Local History collection catalog.
- Historical Newspapers (News Bank)- This extensive online collection offers nearly 80 newspapers published between 1756 and 1914 in the State of Connecticut.
- History Resource Center: US and History Resource Center: World - For history buffs, class projects and assignments, this is the first place to look! Provides articles from magazines, journals, reference and non-fiction books; biographies, documents and speeches; maps and photographs. Also includes film and video clips of social, political and cultural historical events of the 20th Century from 1893 to 1985.
- Student Resource Center- A student-friendly version of the History and Science Reference Centers that provides the same high quality content. Choose content sources (Magazines, Newspapers, Biographies, Country Reports, Film & Video), browse by topic headings, use an online dictionary and encyclopedia, explore top searches of the day, and even limit searches according to reading level.
General Resources - Articles available from the library
- Academic Articles (OneFile)- Provides articles from leading journals and reference sources. Covers the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other academic subjects.
- Academic Articles (ASAP)- Search this premier database for research in all the academic disciplines. Contains 1,000 full-text and 6,000 indexed periodical titles.
- Newspapers and Magazines (General Reference Center) - Contains 1,200 full-text titles in general interest magazines, business and industry journals, and reference books.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online - An online version of the entire print encyclopedia. The encyclopedia is updated daily and has special added features including Internet links.
- World Book Encyclopedia- Find all the encyclopedia entries from the print World Book as well as current events and research articles. Sections include Today in History, Search the Ages and Special Reports.