On Wednesday, March 18 from 9:30 to 11 a.m., Darien Library will host a valuable seminar: Recession Proofing Your Family.
Topics to be presented:
Parenting in Tough Times – presented by Susan Jasko, LCSW, Child Guidance Center
· Talking to your kids about job loss
· Setting boundaries with new financial constraints
· What if they have to move or change schools?
Keeping Relationships Strong – presented by Elisabeth Tullis Schneider, LMFT, Family Centers/Center for HOPE
· Maintaining intimacy when stress is high
· Communicating with your spouse and others
· How to manage your own anxiety and sense of loss/fear
Getting Your Needs Met – presented by Moira Rizzo, LMFT, Darien Family & Youth Options
· Healthy coping skills
· Unique ideas for getting your needs met
· Signs of unhealthy coping
Resources in the Community – presented by Marina Thomas, Person-to-Person, and Olive Hauser, Director of Darien Social Services
· What resources are available to help you or your friends?
· What can you do to help others in need?
We will provide a handout of resources available at the Library. Refreshments will be served.
The seminar, part of the community programming for the C.A.R.E. Darien Campaign is sponsored by The Community Fund of Darien Human Services Planning Council, Darien Community Association, and Darien Library. C.A.R.E. Darien is a town-wide campaign to help create a Community of Accountability and Respect for Everyone.
(Image by flickr user Darren Hester)