- Children in grades 3 to 6 can register for TEA Room Classes. Registration is on a first-come basis; space is limited. Click here for our current class listings.
- The TEA Room can be reserved in advance by Darien Residents, those who work full-time in town, and friends of the library at the $300 level. Drop-in appointments are available for any library visitor pending availabilty and resources.
- Use of the TEA Room is available for: 1 supervising adult and up to 4 children in grades 3-6. The supervising adult stays in the TEA Room for the duration of the reservation.
- The TEA Room is available for appointments on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at 3 p.m.*, 4 p.m.,* 5 p.m. and 6 p.m., and Saturdays at 1 p.m.* and 3 p.m* and Sundays at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
*The Makerbot can be used during these appointment times
- Appointments are reserved on a first-come, first served basis.
-To find out more about reserving the TEA Room, please stop by the Children's Library or contact a children's librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 669-5235.
If you're coming to use the 3D printer, check out this flyer about it first!
- LEARN. Attend a TEA Room class or workshop
- MENTOR. After attending a class, volunteer to serve as a TEA Mentor at an upcoming class & help other children learn a new skill. To volunteer, talk to a children's librarian.
- SHARE. Share your projects with the Children's Library: send a photo, a video, or a drawing of what you made or learned in a TEA Room class.