The Adult Programming Department at Darien Library seeks a dynamic, community-minded employee who is highly collaborative, creative, and flexible while dedicated to providing exciting programming for patrons. They are a forward-thinking professional who is enthusiastic about the breadth of Library programming.
Reporting to the Head of Adult Programming, Adult Programming staff work together to co-manage the programming calendar, supporting and implementing innovative public programs for adults, virtually and in person. Through their work, the Adult Programming Department positions Darien Library as a vibrant hub of intellectual and creative activity, with a wide range of lectures, performances, hands-on workshops, and town-wide events.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages their own programs, putting them on the adult programming calendar of events on the Library's website
- Communicates with Program/Marketing liaison on program details and marketing information
- Provides direct assistance and support to Library patrons during Library programs
- Collaborates closely across departments
- Maintains strong working relationships with community members and local organizations to ensure programs reflect community interests
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Event planning experience preferred
- Programming/marketing experience required
- Skilled at working with diverse audiences
- Engaged in and inspired by current events, literature, and the arts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with public speaking.
- Proficiency with technology including Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and social media platforms. Comfortable with new technology.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Bilingual candidate, or those with functional knowledge of another language, is desirable
Apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume to Pat Sheary, Head of Adult Programming, email@example.com. Please make your subject line Program Specialist.
Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, August 10th.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Darien Library observes and promotes a policy of equal employment opportunity for all. This means that the Darien Library recruits, hires, trains, and promotes all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, political belief, physical disability or any other improper or illegal criteria. All employment decisions are based on legitimate employment-related criteria such as, skills, abilities, attitude and contribution to the Darien Library so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.