The YWCA and Darien Library welcome parents and teens to learn about the neuroscience behind Executive Functioning skills and tips and strategies for helping your struggling child.
- Recognize signs of EF deficits in organization, task initiation and completion, planning, studying, homework and more
- How EF demands shift in Middle School, High School and College
- The connection between Executive Functioning and Emotional Regulation
- Building Stamina with Grit, Emotional Regulation, and Self Awareness
- Realistic parenting tools to help your struggling child
About the Presenter
Kit Savage, MBA and founder of Savage Advocates LLC, is a Certified Executive Functioning Coach and Special Education Advisor, tutoring students in middle school through college to reach their academic potential. Kit is also a trauma informed yoga and meditation teacher. Kit guides parents towards holistic approaches to balancing academic expectations and pressures, self-esteem, and developing plans to improve their child’s experiences in school.