Welcome to Darien Library. Sign up for a card today and begin exploring all that the Library has to offer! Anyone who lives or works in Darien is eligible for a card.
Register in-person at the Welcome Desk or online for a temporary number. All new members and renewals must provide appropriate identification with proof of name and street address.
Membership Frequently Asked Questions
- Multiple copies of the latest bestsellers
- Downloadable e-Books, e-Audiobooks, magazines, movies, music, and TV shows
- Reference and information services for adults and children
- Special collections in business, law, local history, and genealogy
- Internet access from multiple computer workstations
- Interlibrary loan service
- 24/7 access to an extensive list of electronic resources
- Museum passes to locations in Connecticut and New York
- Reserve study rooms and the Bloomberg Terminal
- Display space that can be requested by artists and community groups
- Technology education classes
- Programs for all ages, including book discussions, storytimes, and Summer Reading programs
Register in person at the Welcome Desk for a full-access card or online for a temporary card. Bring to the Welcome Desk documentation with your Darien address on it (e.g., a piece of mail, your license, lease/mortgage agreement, etc.).
If you work in Darien, you are eligible for a non-resident Library card. To register, bring a paystub, business card, employer letter, or other form of proof of employment and your identification.
Non-resident member cards are good for one year.
All Connecticut residents are eligible to register their hometown library cards at Darien Library. To register, bring in your active hometown library card with identification and we will register your card so you can begin enjoying our collections and resources immediately.
With an annual donation of $300, you can become a Friend of Darien Library providing you full access to our entire collection including digital resources, technology library, and advanced room reservations.